We are close to Sydney Olympic Park, Parramatta and Norwest Business precincts and have access to major motorways, bus and train links. While our students are always our first priority, there are times such as after hours, weekends and school vacation periods when our facilities are not required by our students. At these times, we are happy to consider assisting the wider community by hiring our venues.
Tara has a number of regular groups who have used the school facilities over recent years. These include:
- Australian Girls Choir/Australian School of Performing Art for regular weekly lessons and an annual vacation school
- Gymnastics NSW, Metwest Gymnastics and Club Pero Rhythmic Gymnastics for special competitions
- Carlingford Youth Drama School for an annual weekend rehearsal and performance program in the Tara Theatre
- Parramatta/Auburn, Ryde/Eastwood and Baulkham Hills Netball Clubs and the Hills Hornets Basketball team for regular training in the evenings on the indoor court in the gymnasium
- Local churches for regular Sunday services, Sunday School and Special Services using the Tara Chapel and other large spaces and rooms
- Local music teachers and dance teachers using the Tara Theatre for student performances for family and friends
In addition, we have been pleased to host a number of visitors requiring limited residential accommodation while participating in training camps or attending national conferences or competitions. These have included groups of students from inter-state schools and sporting groups.
Our facilities include:
- Tara Theatre (seating 250)
- Lecture Theatre
- Two large Halls
- Gymnasium with sprung floor and indoor netball, basketball, volleyball court
- Bowern Room with additional dining facilities
- A number of areas providing large spaces for group activities and conferences with several simultaneous sessions