The members of the Council are
- Archbishop of Sydney (President of the Council)
- Nine members elected by the Synod, of which at least 2 must be clergy
- Two persons appointed by the Archbishop
- Two persons appointed by the Council
For practical purposes of governance, the Council appoints a Chair and Deputy Chair from amongst its members.
All members of the Council are voluntary, part time and receive no remuneration for their work on Council.
All members of the Council are required to be actively involved in a church community, hold a valid and cleared Working With Children Check number and acknowledge the Statement of Faith.
Current members of Council and their respective date of appointment:
- Most Rev Dr Glenn Davies, Archbishop of Sydney (President) BSc, MDiv (Hons), DipA, PhD
- Mr David Braga (Chair of Council) BA, GAICD - March 2011, Chair since July 2012
- Ms Simone Gilbert (Deputy Chair of Council) BComm, LLB, Grad Dip Leg Prac - May 2016, Deputy Chair since January 2018
- Mr Glenn Wilkins BComm, Grad Dip Ed, PTC, MACE, MACEL - October 2009
- Mrs Nola Haig - December 2014
- Ms Alison Hammond LLB (Hons), GDLP, ThC, BCL (Dist) - November 2016
- Reverend David Keun BA PDHPE (Hons), BA Div, Dip Min - May 2016
- Mr Toby Moussa CA, CPA, RTA, BBus(ACC) - July 2018
- Mr Glynn N Evans B Arch. Dip Build Const. - March 2019
- Reverend Andrew Levy BSc (Psychology) Hons, BD - 29 July 2019
- Mrs Alison Esdaile BA, Dip Ed, MAppLing(TESOL) - November 2019