Tara is a day (Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12) and boarding (Years 5 to 12) school for girls situated on spacious grounds at the end of Masons Drive (off Pennant Hills Road) in North Parramatta, 25 kilometres from the City of Sydney and five minutes from the vibrant central business district of Parramatta. .
How to get to Tara
Families who are driving from Carlingford toward Parramatta, should turn right at the first traffic lights after The King's School.
Families who are driving from Parramatta towards Carlingford/City, should turn left at the first traffic lights on the left after the James Ruse Drive exit.
A map of Tara's grounds may be downloaded in PDF format here (PDF 114.6KB).
Tara is well serviced by buses to the local suburbs and to the Hills regions. Our school buses service the following areas: Annangrove, Baulkham Hills, Bella Vista, Carlingford, Castle Hill, Cherrybrook, Drummoyne, Dural, Eastwood, Epping, Galston, Greystanes, Hunters Hill, Kellyville, Kenthurst, Lane Cove, North Rocks, Northmead, Pemulwuy, Pendle Hill, Pennant Hills, Putney, Rouse Hill, Stanhope Gardens, Schofields, Wetherill Park, Windsor and Winston Hills.
Buses connect with the train lines at Pennant Hills, Epping and Parramatta. Hills Bus and Sydney Bus operate private bus services to and from the school, sometimes in conjunction with The King’s School. Tara runs special services to the riverside suburbs of Lane Cove, Hunters Hill, Putney and Drummoyne; north west to Stanhope Gardens, Kellyville and Bella Vista; inner west to Strathfield; and another service south to Greystanes and Pemulwuy.
2017 Bus Route Timetables
Bus Forms and Passes
Tara Private Buses Authorisation Form 2017 (PDF 245.5KB)
Travel Passes for Sydney and Hills Buses: To order a new School Opal Card, students go to the transport website or call 131 500. To apply online please click here.
The Metrobus M54 high frequency service connects Parramatta, Carlingford, Epping, Macquarie Uni and Macquarie Park. The Metrobus services operate 7 days a week and depart every 10 minutes during morning and afternoon peak periods, every 15 minutes during the day, every 20 minutes at night and on weekends. Additional early morning and late night services operate to a 30 - 60 minute frequency. For further information visit their website here or phone Transport Info on 131 500.
Note for each option there is timing to walk to and from bus stops or train stations. You can also click on the map icon that shows exactly where the bus stop is and the route the bus will go.
Guide for parents for pick ups at the bus stops:
- Students must be recognisable/identifiable as a Tara student i.e. in a Tara uniform however mufti will be accepted,
- Students must be outside of the family car prior to bus arriving at a stop, so that the student is able to signal the driver,
- Students must be waiting at a pre-determined suitable pickup point i.e. government bus stop or location stated on timetable above as a pick up point (ad hock locations are not accepted),
- Parents to arrange travel with the school prior to commencing travel on the bus.
- Remain seated in the bus seat and buckle up seat belt (if fitted),
- No eating or drinking on bus (water excepted), and
- Maintain good behaviour while on the bus.
For any issues or questions regarding transport to and from school please contact us by email.